The Environmental Unit at GCS has been involved in environmental authorisation processes and related work for more than 10 years. The unit members have a wide range of environmental management skills and have been involved in the application for authorisation for a significant number of large scale developments and multi-disciplinary projects.
The aim of the unit is to provide a cost eﬀective and eﬃcient service to our clients, which is tailored to the speciﬁc requirements of each project.
Herewith a list of services oﬀered by the GCS Environmental Unit:
- Environmental Authorisation Processes;
- Mining and Prospecting Authorisation Processes;
- Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Environmental Management Plan Development and Implementation;
- Environmental Risk Assessments;
- Public Participation and Stakeholder Consultation;
- Water Use License Application;
- Integrated Water and Waste Management Plans;
- Water Resource Management;
- Water Rights Transfers and Trading;
- Water footprint Assessment;
- Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecological Assessments;
- Environmental Control Officer;
- Due Diligence;
- Legal Compliance Audits;
- Environmental Performance Assessments;
- Financial Provision and Closure Applications;
- Social and Labour Plan Development and Implementation;
- Social Impact Assessments; and
- Environmental Management Systems.
Environmental Unit (527.6 KB)