GCS has more than 30 years’ experience in water sciences and has been involved in numerous studies for clients in the mining, industrial, petro-chemical, municipal, aid agency and government sectors.
Water services include mining related water studies, surface water studies, mathematical groundwater water flow and contaminant transport modelling, geochemical assessments, waste classifications, contaminated site management studies, water resource modelling and monitoring.
The Water Group consists of a team of highly experienced professionals ranging from hydrogeologists, chemistry specialists, water modellers, engineers, contaminated site specialist and hydrologists.
The Group is subdivided into five units to better address client needs and expectations. These units include:
This unit focuses solely on mining and processing.
Key areas of work include:
- Water aspects of environmental impact assessment and feasibility studies
- Mine dewatering studies
- Hydrochemistry and contamination studies
- Mine waste management and characterisation
- Waste disposal investigations
- Numerical groundwater modelling
- Mine closure studies
GCS offers quality monitoring services that are cost-effective and informative to allow clients to better manage their operations.
These services include:
- Water quality monitoring of surface water and groundwater
- Microbiological monitoring of surface water and groundwater
- Groundwater level monitoring
- Air quality monitoring
- Occupational hygiene monitoring
The Water Resources unit is key to unlocking sustainable water resources.
Its services include:
- Groundwater and surface water resource development
- Water supply investigations
- Groundwater reserve determinations
- Aquifer protection and remediation
- Bottled natural/mineral water development
- Conjunctive use water supply schemes
Accounting for every drop of water is key to sustainability.
Key services provided by this unit include:
- Specialist water studies for EIA’s
- Catchment hydrology and resource evaluations
- Integrated water management
- Flood hydrology and flood lines
- Storm water management plans and designs
- Dam yield analysis
- Dynamic water and salt balances
- Water footprinting
- Hydrological modelling
- Water management and planning
For all enquiries pertaining to the water unit, information on water projects or case studies please contact us.
Tel: +27 11 803 5726